View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin1845 View Post
I have lupus....and the docs have been blaming much of my back pain on lupus. Finally, I asked for an MRI because my spine hurts from the top to the bottom. I was only able to get a cervical MRI and a Lumbar MRI.

These are the results. While I'm waiting to hear from the doctor, please give me some input.

- Reversal of the cervical lordosis
- Degenerative Disk Disease
- Congential partial fusion of the C2 and C3 vertebrae
- C5-6 posterior disk protrusion with measurement of 5 mm and mild spinal stenosis
- C6-7 posterior disk protrusion with measurement of 3 mm and minimal spinal stenosis
- C7-T1 Posterior disk protrusion with measurement of 3 mm and minimal spinal stenosis
- 7 mm x 7 mm hemangoima on T12
- Hyperlordosis
- T12-L1 mild posterior disk buldge
- L2-3 mild right and left posterolateral disk buldges
- L3-4 mild posterior disk buldge
- L4-5 mild posterior disk buldge and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy are visible
- L5-S1 mild posterior disk buldge

Thoughts? Translation to English? I think it means....my back hurts, but I guess I'm looking for a little more explanation!

Thanks!

Kristin
Hi Kristin,

Your findings are scantly short and general without any attributions as to effect. And without mention of history, clinical complaints and exam findings, MRI results don't mean much in of themselves! At any rate, a 5 mm disc protrusion in the cervical spine might be a significant problem; 3mm maybe or maybe not. Thoracic spine MRI is not done usually because 0.5% of all disc heriations occur in the thoracic spine so unless other pathology is suspected, MRI of that region is infrequently done for the above reasons. The lumbar spine findings mentioned are so general...they don't clinically mean much!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote