View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:15 AM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member
Default Is my solitary UBO unlikely to be MS?

Hi all.

So, very long story short, I'm 23 years old and have been progressively been developing more and more strange neurological symptoms since I was about 14. I avoided them for many years at first because they were alarming and annoying but not interfering with my daily functioning too much. Since I've started developing more cognitive-type problems, however, it's become impossible to ignore. I don't really know how to hide the fact that I stumble all over my words all of the time and constantly have to stop mid-sentence when trying to have a conversation because I can't think of the word I'm trying to use. Or why I can't comment on a movie I just watched because I wasn't able to follow the plotline or even discern which character was which.

I've been to a whole slew of doctors who have pretty much told me a whole lot of nothing. Mostly, they just dismiss me as hypochondriacal due to my age. It's tempting to give up, but I also don't know how I would manage to live like this.

I just recently started seeing a new neurologist after my first one essentially told me "You're too young for me to put you on any medications, so come back to me in 5 months if you still feel like you have a problem."

He said that a UBO (unidentified bright object) showed up in my frontal lobe on my MRI, but he said it was too small to warrant a diagnosis of MS, so he's just going to look at it again in 6 months.

In the meantime, I guess I just sit around and continue to hate everything about my life for half a year, probably only to be told that there's nothing wrong with me once again.

Is there any chance that that single finding is an indication of MS, or do MS patients typically have larger and more than one lesion/UBO/whatever?

I'm not saying I WANT a diagnosis of MS. I'm not one to diagnose myself. I just want to know if this means I can pretty much rule it out as a possibility. Thanks!
medicalmystery7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote