View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrail11 View Post
Hi Peggy and welcome to NeuroTalk.

This latest concussion is relatively recent, so it's understandable that he is having the symptoms you describe. Did he have PCS symptoms before this latest fall? These could include headaches, blurred vision, vertigo, sensitivity to light and noise. The neurologist should be made aware when you do get to see him.
In addition to the care you are giving him he should stay away from alcohol:

Lots more support here in the TBI/PCS forum:

Best to you both.
Thanks so much for the links and support. My husband had no PCS symptoms before his 12/22 fall. Alcohol is forbidden and he made the commitment while still in the hospital. He was a light-to-moderate drinker, i.e. 1 oz of scotch at our "cocktail hour". The fall was the result of a holiday binge and I think he drank about 8 oz of scotch over a 3-hour period, matching drink for drink with a friend who weighs 100 lbs more than he does. My husband is 6' 3", weighs 180, and does heavy cardio 5 days a week. His resting heart rate is 62 bpm, which freaked out the hospital staff until I explained his workout schedule. He also has low blood pressure-110/80. Sober, he has to be careful not to stand up too fast. When drunk, he is a disaster waiting to happen. Two weeks on he is a little better each day. Dizzy spells are followed by deep depression. He now knows to lie down and block out light and noise as soon as he feels dizzy. Sort of like the aura before a migraine. He plans a light workout today with me by his side. If he does well, great, but he's the type to push the envelope so I worry. With no neurologist to help until 3 weeks from now we're playing by ear. Best wishes, Lightrail for your continued recovery. Peggy
ptcabe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote