View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just an update. Good and funny bad news. Finally got into doc yesterday and he actually said " I don't know how else to treat your condition" ... so finally after 2 months of going back and forth from doc appt to appt, bouncing between 3 different docs....I'm being referred to a Neurologist......I am also checking into a new PCP. Not that he hasn't helped me in the past but I don't think he can provide the level of care I will need with CRPS. so that kind of good new in a way he was honest and just felt he didn't know enough to be of help to me. So a least there's that, plus I bet It's harder for him to prescribe the "stronger" narcotics I might need on a semi-perm basis. He works out of a state-run low income clinic so I bet there are tougher regulations on him.

Something weird, the PM/anesthesiologist I've been going through for the Procedures and such. The one who is supposed to be among the best doctors in town to treat CRPS.......doesn't prescribe medicines??? At least that's what the receptionist had told me. Even though I didn't ask for them. She was one of those people who when you call your doctors office in pain for an appt they automatically assume you're trying to get "drugs". I hate those people. I digress...

Sp I'm waiting for a call from a neurologist's office to set and appt. I did get the medications I needed....however I could only afford the Amitrityline and Oxycodone, the Cymbalta was $136.00........I can't afford that. And that's only a 30 supply. I'm applying for "prescription assistance" plan but can take up to 30 days........I'm going to try and talk to the claims department again see if anything else can be sent $$ wise..or if I can bill it to them somehow? SO for now kinda back to square 1 med wise almost. The only thing the Amitriptyline seems to help with is sleep, and it's doesn't help me fall asleep but helps me stay asleep more.

I only was prescribed 10 of the oxycodone so I'm going to have to tt my doc about getting more until I can get the Cymbalta going.....fun but at least I have some now so I don't hurt quite as much.
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-06-2013)