Thread: Companionship?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Dear George

Welcome to Neuro Talk. You will find friends here for sure. alot of compassion exists in all these forums. Feel free to jump in any of the dicussions. There is also a posting for spiritual help. You are right, no pill can take the place of what you are missing with your wife. There is no job harder than being a caretaker for a very injured brain damaged person. I was an only child and cared for both my parents until their deaths. That burn out you speak of is a real delima. Sometimes there are caregivers support groups, maybe even meeting in your local library. I did this, and it helped me alot for the years I had with my folks. There may also be help with getting another person in, to give you a break with the caretaking of your wife.
Just from my own experiences with me, and others I know of, don't leave your wife, as she really does need you. You need to find some other things in life to help fullfull you, to give your own life more meaning, inbetween the responsibilies you have. Nobody can do this care, all by themselves, it is just too hard. I had help in with my folks, and my son gave 100% effort to help me with mom. I will be here to talk to, and so will the folks on NT. I know what you are going through, being witness to a person who is not themselves is tereribly difficult. We are a spirit, living in a body. Your wifes spirit has been compromised. She is still there under all. I hope sincerely, that she can improve. Please take care of "you" and find some outlet/help so that you have some enjoyment out of life. Yes, your own mental well being needs to be taken care of as much as your wifes. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
george_rutkay (01-03-2013)