View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default Mel...

He is also a cook... loves to cook. I taught him the basics and he zoomed off and now is far beyond me. I think we will have ribs on Mother's Day..that was the offer, along with some exotica. Sometimes I just can't handle the exotica, so I think we will have the ribs, and a nice salad. He makes a nice ginger dressing I like. Right now he is grooving on homemade ice cream. He made a fabulous egg nog ice cream for Xmas. I wonder if I could get him to make a peach one for Mother's Day

When he was a kid, he was diagnosed with ADHD, on the "autism" spectrum.
And getting him off meds (he was on Ritalin for 5 years) with EFAs was my first experience with alternative preventive medicine/treatments. That was over 10 yrs ago, and he is med free, but does use fish oil, and vitamins still, and magnesium and zinc.
That magnesium and EFA thread here is a desendant of the ADHD board at BrainTalk (all my work there on nutrients was lost when the crash occurred and I don't think the archives will be brought back--so it was a huge loss).

Basically he is a computer geek..works for a small software company in Ann Arbor Michigan, after he graduated university. We don't know where the techno genes came from, as neither of us is very handy that way.

I am sorry about your son... it must be unbearably painful, for you both.

Edit to add... I see he has our vacation last summer on that Flickr... as well as his Saturday Band jam...
The Band Jam is new. My son plays the bass, guitar and keyboards, and is starting up this band with some new
friends he has made. Music was always his first passion. But the camera seems to be moving up there now too!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote