View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up important correction to my last

None of what I wrote should be read to gainsay tDCS. But we have to recognize it - like so many treatments for so many ailments is is commitment for the long run or until some thing better comes along - and therefore treat it with the respect it deserves, e.g., having back-up units immediately available!

And as to the failure, of the Activa II, I had blown another one using more current than I had of late, but where I personally blew it was not taking Dr. Fugedy's personal advice to stop using it, wait for the remission of symptoms, and then resume use until achieving remission again and so forth, until I figured out a pattern of days of days-on-and-off going with it henceforth.

That said, the suggested pattern might only prolong the inevitable failure of the unit, if used at even slightly higher than the recommended levels, even though the device is calibrated to produce higher output.

As such, on the next go-round, once I achieve remission (please) I'm planning to titrate down by first reducing the current and/or delivery time, to see if this old guy can resume "stasis," and taking things from there.

Mike

- Walt Whitman
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joydee (01-04-2013)