View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi again. I would say my husbands symptoms of personality changes have to do more with obsessions than compulsions. We would joke for years about his not being able to go to sleep unless he checked to see if he locked the doors - but that was infrequent and not an actual obsession/compulsion in our minds. But recently, and by that I mean since starting on mirapex/azilect he seems to be obsessed about being a father figure to two teenagers that we know. We never had any children of our own, by choice, so the intensity with with he has assumed this role has caused not just myself but others to comment on his possessiveness and protectiveness with them. If it was just my observations I would say that I could be jealous, or struggling with insecurities, something along those lines. I know this seems insignificant in comparison to the warning obsessions listed on the drug paperwork but it truly has caused problems in our marriage. I have also spoken with a PwP who became obsessed with mathematical equations and had to get off sinemet, so I guess anything is possible since its the brains pleasure center that is being stimulated by these drugs.
heidil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote