View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 10:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice md View Post
I had the first bout of my illness about your age and then it totally disappeared for a great 15 years.
Mestinon worked to some extent for me, but it was hectic and unpredictable. For the same dose I could have a dramatic improvement, no change or significant worsening with fasiculations (muscle twitches as you call them)
I too have MuSK and now take a very low dose of its cousin-mytelase along with Vospire (which is long acting ventolin).
With this low dose I only have muscle twitching when I overdo it and/or my illness is less stable. It actually serves as an excellent warning sign to slow down.

I hope your illness disappears on its own forever.

Wow 15 years! That's great it was away for so long. My first symptom outbreak was in 2010 (when I was 24), it basically all came out in one week, double vision, really really slurred speech, tired, weak, etc. Looking back though, I had a droopy eye 3 years earlier, (but then it fixed itself), and looking even FURTHER back, I recall having some of the same "feelings" I feel now (and know it's connected to MG) back when I was in high school so probably as young as 15, I just never knew what it was.

Thanks I hope it does too! Hope yours goes away again also!
Maiden8680 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote