View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenfriend View Post
I read something interesting in the "Psych Central Newsletter". They said that" Bullying changes the structure surrounding a gene involved in regulating mood,making victims more vulnerable to mental health problems as they age".

Wow. That statement blew me away. I was bullied at a military academy,and it goes on,and on. It seems like some people sense that you are emotionally active,and their sadistic streak takes over,and they bully. BF
BF, my teen dd was bullied in 5th 6 th grade by those she called friends. Now a high scool jr. home schooled since then..
She never gained trust, found out recently she was talked to inappropriatly by "friends" on the Internet and never told me. They could have been perv's. she is reliving this everyday. For weeks now everyday she. Has a new incident replay, thinking it out loud and trying to reason it as being misinturrupted by her etc. as no one would say something to such a young sweet girl.

Had she told me the moments these incidents happened, I could have flew into momma rage on them, which she knew. So sucked it up, ignored it, festered it, now everyday it is another incident to fret and replay all day.

I told her she has no backbone, to tell me ASAP if something is done, I don't care if she is horrified by my actions. At least years later we are not wasting days on end of replaying it over all day.

I fear she will never get strong. But then kids I went to school with remember me as so shy, I was picked on in jr. High, now the remark how could I have grown up and been a cop, lol.

Dd refilled the Prozac not the best thing out there, but I guess hat is what is accepted for 18 yrs and under.

Even though I got strong, emotionally I am weak. I act strong for my family, and cry in my seclusion. Cortisol I am full of from stress. But with every once I will fight for someone being victimized. I was even attacked in court by defense attorneys challenging my credibility for their clients sake. I never lied, nor created evidence against their clients, I only testified for the children to how they were treated, or Ill treated by their clients.
Sucks being picked on, even as adults.

But, somehow I think the bullies knew who is not strong and an easy target. Wish guts inner strength came in a pill. I do stand up for myself, stand on my honesty, and good judgement even with family. But words can still and hurt.

That is why it is so warm in this room, kindness, love and support. Not like some forums. We are lucky to be amidst such wonderful friends.

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-04-2013), Brokenfriend (01-04-2013), butterfly11 (01-04-2013), Dmom3005 (01-04-2013), Mari (01-03-2013)