View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 01:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm in vocational rehab right now, it's an awesome program, they're sending me to cosmetology school after i get my headaches resolved (which they're also helping with). If you can get into VR definitely do it, a lot of times there's a relatively long wait but its worth it, they'll test you to see what your best/ most natural careers would be and then you decide what you want to pursue and they will back you completely, if you have medical/ vision/ dental issues etc they will pay for your doctors visits etc and help you get back on track with that as well. Also toward the career side its a good way to get in the door at a job because they reimburse the employer that hires you for the first 3 months, so that gets you in the door quick and after 3 months they usually will keep you as a permanent employee, unless you blow it by doing things like not showing up of course.
(my mom works for VR so if ya got any Q's about it i can most likely answer them, i spend entirely too much time with her and since im jobless go with her sometimes too lol)

Severe TBI with 3 bleeds, broken neck (C-2), comatose for 3 days Glasgow score of 6 from a school bus t-boning my door at 60mph in December of 2004. Extraction time took over an hour, over a week just in ICU, original expectation was permanent vegetative state.
Numerous re-injuries including being rear-ended, flipping suv, and the latest in 2011 from being slammed head first on tile floor.
Still having major issues with: anxiety, depression, memory short and long term, sleeping including insomnia and hypersomnia, severe headaches 10-15 days a month, severe neck tension and pain that can be easily agitated, comprehension, problems focusing, easily distracted, irritability, skewed judgement, constantly overwhelmed, mood swings, confusion, brain fog etc etc
Kristara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote