View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Turkey radiofreq?

Hi earmom,

Have you heard anything more on the radiofrequency procedure in Turkey you talked of?

I tried googling but found nothing. My partner suffers from palatal myoclonus and the ticking is around 100 per minute too. A couple fo times Botox didnt help. Acupuncture in the UK did help either.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by earmom View Post
My son was diagnosed with Palatal Myoclonus in 2010. We have tried numerous drugs, ayruveda, acupuncture and now most recently surgical Botox. Our second attempt at the Botox, administered only on one side of his palate to reduce side effects, has stopped the clicks in one ear, but now he has very painful pops in that ear. I did read about someone else who had the same effects after Botox. He also still has pain regardless of the lack of clicking as well as vibrations in his throat. This was not the perfect solution although I have read that it has helped others. Based on my research there are only 2 pediatric ENTs who have performed Botox for this purpose. One is at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and one at the Children's Hospital of Boston. Please contact me personally by email if you still need the names of these doctors. I do not have permission to post them on this site. I will say that this disorder has been debilitating and my son has missed most of this year of school. He lives in chronic pain from this disorder. I have promised him that I will NOT give up until we find a solution.
OxyDon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote