Thread: edgelow kit
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I would also suggest getting a soft 6 inch by 36 " foam roller instead of the one that comes with the kit. The one that I use is the pro roller soft from OTPT. They are also available on Amazon and have a marbled look. The foam roller and the gymnastic ball are part of the progression exercises.
But, I would also like to add that you don't have to buy the whole kit, you can start with the core program first.

For beginners, the most important elements of the core program, are..
1. DVD,
2. Booklet
3. Manual blood pressure meter with cuff ( one can buy this at any pharmacy)
4. Pinky ball on the stick ( can be found at therapists or online)
5. Air pillow.
The CD is not really necessary, though his voice is very soothing and you can order it if you want or substitute with any soft music or ocean sound or anything that is relaxing.

Make sure you have a therapist to guide you, it looks easy, but professional guidance would be helpful. Have your therapist have a look at the booklet and DVD before you begin. There is this whole philosophy in the booklet that one has to understand to follow his protocol. Only when and if you can master the core program it's worth getting the props needed for the progression exercises.

I honestly use his core program in conjunction with my other exercises given to me by Dr. Art Ando. Please don't substitute the Edgelow protocol for whatever is working for you right now, may it be manual therapy and /or exercises, but rather let it compliment whatever you are already doing. that's the way it works best for me. I still do the edgelow core program every single day, before I start my other exercises.

Last edited by stos2; 01-04-2013 at 12:08 PM.
stos2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Iris (01-05-2013), Jomar (01-04-2013), Woodstock3 (01-06-2013)