View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hopefully someone else on here can better answer your questions, that has a more confirmed diagnosis.. I don't have a firm diagnosis, but seronegative MG is high on the list.. Similar to your friend I developed symptoms with pregnancy.. the birth of my 2nd child, during the epidural, they almost had to intubate me.. they were all perplexed, as I was as well... I couldnt' breath, talk (without slurred speech) or move my arms or legs for hours and hours afterwards.. I then also had a minor procedure go wrong (I had an IUD placed, and they perforated me- lots of internal bleeding)ending up landing me back in the hospital with blood transfusions.. and it was all downhill from there!!

are her dr's going to initiate treatment at this point? I would say it's hard to know how she will recover, as it sounds lke she has two issues, the surgery, blood loss and then whatever neuromuscular disorder on top of that.. any physical or mental stress will of course exacerbate symptoms and make recovery harder..
As far as the morphine goes, I'm not sure if that is contraindicated in MG or not.. I know when I take ANY sedating meds my symptoms get worse..

Good luck to her, and your a great friend for doing research on her behalf!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (01-04-2013)