View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Smallest dose of SAMe is 200mg a day. Take first thing in the morning and on an empty stomach as it is "energizing".

SAMe was difficult to make into an oral form. That is why I recommend only NatureMade. We don't really have a choice of additives for this product....as when it came here it was injection only, from Europe..mostly Italy used it as injectable at the doctor's office.

SAMe is part of the methylation cycle. People who are poor methylators would do well on SAMe, because the methyl group is already on the homocysteine--to be delivered to the liver where it helps with drug metabolism and toxins, to the joints, and to the brain for neurotransmitter synthesis.

Some people get too hyped up on SAMe and don't do well with it. But for others it is really a neat nifty enabler.
I remember when I first bought it over 10 yrs ago... My son had lost all his HBAs I had packed for first semester college. I stayed upNorth, and his Dad took him and moved him in. He put the bag down in the hall for just a few minutes and someone stole it. So when I got back home I sped over to WalMart to replace his shower gear, and misc. stuff, and there was a sale on the mucho expensive SAMe... I could afford to try it finally. Back then it was over $1.50 a tablet!

I was working several contingent jobs, all with different computer systems, going thru menopause, and really totally stressed out with it all. The SAMe rather saved me! And my knee which the MRI said I had synovitis, was pretty inflamed.
I credit avoiding a knee replacement, and my left knee never joined the predicted 5yr flare up the doctor said would happen.
I kept on SAMe until about 2 yrs ago, thinking I'd done what could be done, and wanted the money for other supplements.

I can still get a flare of pain now, and take the SAMe for about 2 weeks, and it goes away. But I rarely use it anymore.

Take only 200mg a day for a month. You'll discover if you can handle it. If it is too energizing, take 200mg every other day for that month. If you still cannot tolerate it...then you don't need it.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (01-04-2013), Stacy2012 (01-04-2013)