View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Smile energetic cats and active rats

Hi, Waves,

The idea of a cat becoming active due to the same reason I might cracks me up. Mice engaging in food seeking behavior is interesting too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
this study showed activation of the catecholamine system after sleep deprivation. behaviorally, the cats became hyperactive. (FYI the primary catecholamines are the neurotransmitters epinephrine (a.ka. adrenaline), norepinephrine (a.ka. noradrenaline), and dopamine.)
I know that if I have to show up at work with two straight days of little sleep I have be very aware as I tend to be a little obnoxious and not entirely in control. I feel anxious and agitated and yet I have to try to hold myself back and try to avoid people above me especially. Extra Klonopin is bad on those days because I might actually fall asleep. Sometimes I miss the days when I was prescribed Xanax and Klonopin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
another was on rats - this study was more behaviorally based. sleep deprivation appeared to increase activity and in particular "food-seeking behavior" in rats.
One time I told my pdoc that when I am tired and missing sleep I want to eat.
He just looked at me and said, "When I feel tired I go to bed." ---
HELLO.
Not helpful!

====
Gah! It seems that on the one hand we have to listen to our bodies and on the other hand we have to ignore our bodies.
How are we supposed to know when to use the ignore button?? I really want to know.

I am glad that you got some sleep and migraine relief and got to appreciate the light from the windows.
M
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-04-2013), Brokenfriend (01-04-2013), butterfly11 (01-04-2013), katmae (01-05-2013), waves (01-05-2013)