View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default One week in, and I'm freaked.

Hi all,

I'm so grateful to find a place like this to be able to get support.

Last Thursday (the 27th of December), I fell while ice skating and hit the back of my head on the ice. I'm lucky in that I didn't black out, and didn't even experience any confusion or dizziness. I had a headache, so I went to the ER and they sent me home with some Tylenol and info on concussions. For the next two days I rested, and was feeling better, but the next day I woke up feeling hungover - a terrible headache and nausea. I went back to the ER and the doctor told me I was probably experience post-concussion syndrome.

Since I left, I have been experiencing headaches. Not much more than that, though. I've been taking Motrin and a Percocet here and there to manage them. Yesterday, I felt so much better, and I even read for an hour. Today, though, I have a headache that won't go away. I'm feeling extremely anxious as I am a freelancer and have a job coming up on Tuesday that is very very important to me. I am obviously quite worried.

I know my symptoms are on the milder end of the spectrum, but does anyone have any words of wisdom, or is anyone experiencing something simliar? What is it like to go back to work?

Thank you for your time.
penny123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote