View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default palatal myoclonus & radio frequency ablation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxyDon View Post
Hi earmom,

Have you heard anything more on the radiofrequency procedure in Turkey you talked of?

I tried googling but found nothing. My partner suffers from palatal myoclonus and the ticking is around 100 per minute too. A couple fo times Botox didnt help. Acupuncture in the UK did help either.

Thanks
My son also has over 100 clicks per minute in each ear. Acupuncture didn't help him either. Botox didn't provide relief from the pain, but the clicking did subside (but is not completely gone). He did get popping after the Botox and it is very painful.

I have the medical papers on the procedure done in Turkey. (Google Turkey and Palatal Myoclonus) The paper is titled, "Radiofrequency Ablation in the Treatment of Idiopathic Bilateral Myoclonus: A New Indication" by Omer Aydin, MD; Mete Iseri, MD; Murat Ozturk, MD. Any ENT should be able to pull the study for you if you can't access it on the internet. I will tell you that the process permanently fries the palate and based on the study our ENT said he would never try to follow it. He said that too much data was missing and there is no follow-up to that paper. My copy is very light but I am happy to scan it and email it to you if you provide your email address. It looks like it is from 2006.

Currently, we are going to meet with someone about trying CFR (Cranial Facial Reconstruction). It sounds crazy, and I have no idea where this will lead me, but I have already spoken to one person who has had it done and who got great relief from the pressure this disorder creates. Check out *edit link* I am not promoting it because we haven't tried it, but we are looking into it. And anyone with this disorder knows that you have to try everything you hear about. Keep in touch. Never loose hope!

Last edited by Chemar; 01-04-2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: sorry but no links are allowed by new members
earmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote