View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Note Cymbalta

Your not alone when it comes to fear about going off cymbalta. My Dr. left the area so I got the bright idea I would wean myself off of cymbalta. One of the main reasons was weight gain. I was losing my insurance also. Personally it took me over a month and I'm sure my methods were not found in any medical book. I had to wean myself off in the smallest amount or I became very ill, I had what they call "head waves", yawning, need to stretch all my muscles, inability to eat or sleep, rebound anxiety and numerous other horrid things. We are all, of course, different, with different meds and problems so no two people problem feel the same. I was lucky to find a site for cymbalta withdrawl and found my symptoms were not that unusual. But I would advise going with a Dr to wean off. When I did finally get back with a Dr he said many of my symptoms sounded like serotnin withdrawl which can be very dangerous!! If something really doesn't seem right call your Dr. or call your local ER and talk with a nurse there. Better safe than, well you know.
Namethatflame is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote