View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart went to the internist

So I went to the internist on Wednesday. I did not get to see the internist, but the nurse practitioner. She reviewed my previous wacky bloodworks and wrote orders for more bloodwork which I will do next Tuesday morning. She wants an ultrasound of my thyroid done and their office has started the process of getting that approved with my insurance. She was really patient and seemed to be interested and listening when I talked, big positive change from the endocrinologist.

There is a spot in my upper abs that has been hurting mildly. It is more tenderness than pain. I am so used to it that I didn't even think to mention it. After talking I sat on the table for her to listen to my heart, look in my ears, throat, yada yada yada. Then she had me lie down. She started pressing all around my stomach and when she hit that spot I said OW! She said do you know you have a hernia here? I said no. She says the internist will have to take a look at it. I go back on the 17th. The internist will feel the hernia and go over my bloodwork results.

I am aware of a hernia that I have near my bladder which my OB/GYN said at my last visit that I can put off for now but eventually will have to be corrected with mesh screen or part of a cadaver pig. I got weak just from her talking about it. The smells and thought of a hospital make me feel like I'm going to die just when I think about it. And the thought of having metal or pig parts in me does not sound lovely to me either. I just hope this hernia can be left alone or put off, too. I cannot handle this right now.

The nurse practitioner told me that my symptoms sounded to her like thyroid issue or adrenal fatigue. I have never heard of adrenal fatigue in my life but will google it when I have more time. Netflix is calling. I need to veg I am feeling overwhelmed. I will indulge in buttered popcorn and Star Trek:Enterprsie and xanax. I am trying to be light-hearted but I am really upset, that's why I haven't posted about it sooner. If you have had hernia surgery please let me know what it was like pain-wise and the recovery time. Thank you!

Please note: the internist has not even seen it yet, no one has told me I need surgery for the one in my abdomen. My mind has a tendency towards worst case scenarios. This is just who I am.

Last edited by butterfly11; 01-05-2013 at 12:24 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-04-2013), Brokenfriend (01-04-2013), Dmom3005 (01-05-2013), katmae (01-05-2013), Mari (01-05-2013), waves (01-05-2013)