View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

penny,

At this point, you are not suffering from Post Concussion Syndrome. You are suffering from a concussion. PCS is not really considered as a diagnosis until 6 to 8 weeks after a concussion. You may well recover spontaneously in the next few days or weeks. I do suggest you try to lower your stress levels for this job on Tuesday. If you can, find a quiet place where you can work with minimal visual and audio distractions.

You have a great opportunity. Many with a concussion will try to push through and tough it out. For some, this is not a problem. For others, this causes a delay in recovery. There are some here who did not learn to get the quiet rest their brain needs until after struggling for 6 months.

You would do well to avoid caffeine, MSG, artificial sweeteners, aluminum based antiperspirants, and also try to moderate your activity and work load. It is a lot easier to rest for a week or two more than mess up your job opportunities for the next number of months.

Quiet rest means low intensity activities with moderated screen and sound exposures.

And, don't forget to use ice on your upper neck and back of your head. The upper neck is often tweeked by the impact and this can be a big part of the head aches experienced. 15 on, 30 off as often as is comfortable. A zip lock baggy with 1 part rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol and 3 parts water will freeze into a crushable ice pack.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote