View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 02:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Relapse after being "fine"?

Hi everybody (long time no see!)

I have a question about relapsing. I first got a concussion at the beginning of February 2012 (some of you may remember me from my visits to this board around that time.) I was doing a fairly good job of recovering until around August or September (?) when I got a second concussion (talented, I know.) It didn't seem nearly as bad as the first and I thought I was fairly recovered within a few weeks.

Recently, however, I was going back over some work I had done during 2012 and as I reviewed it, I realized that even during months when I was "recovered", work records reflected huge gaps in my memory and reasoning (oh hindsight...) Since then, I've tried to be more aware of how I'm doing concerning memory in particular and I've been noticing areas where I'm still struggling. Now today/yesterday (the 4th) I've noticed bigger problems with memory, simple math skills, mental fuzziness, etc. That head "aura" thing came back too, where I feel like there's a cloud around my head that puts pressure on my brain and keeps me from thinking. I've also felt emotionally brittle.

Anyone hear of PCS symptoms "hiding" then popping up noticeably months later for no apparent reason?
v-lo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote