View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

In November 2011, I had a sharp pain an inch above my belly button towards the middle of my abdomen below the left ribcage and then the next thing I know, I had a weird sensation a small degree of numbness near the left temporal area.

So later, as this pain subsides, the nerve dysfunction and the breathing problem (left dyspnea that exists below my left rib cage) began to gradually appear and I at first didn‘t notice my neck was affected until I could feel the stiffness (and the sensation of numbness was gone after my GP prescribed my with xanax but at times I would still feel a bit of weakness in my left temple because the left side of my neck felt stiffer).

After a bit of searching online, I am suspicious the spinous processes of my upper neck are the culprit. My hands can also feel them being a little abnormal, I can rub the affected areas against my fingers as if they grow to be little nodules ( i mean the left/right spinous processes) <(I'm not sure the exact terminologies.)

To me there is a possibility (to me) the origin is neurological and stems from a pinched/compressed nerve below my left rib cavity (towards the side) and it works its way towards the middle and to the back of my neck which I think is the case. Maybe what I experienced is a flaring of the phrenic nerve?

I do remember before I felt this nerve dysfunction and this
breathing problem that exist below my left rib cavity,

p.s. I am 19. I am from Hong Kong.
My MRI shows that

There are no significant visceral mass or other lesions seen in brain, head and NECK, thorax, abdomen and pelvis.
No evidence of left PHRENIC NERVE PALSY.

I should have a neck x-ray?
Stanislavyeung is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote