View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 02:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
Have had RSD in both feet since 2003. I use 1200 mgs of Neurontin every 8 hrs & 50 mgs of Lyrica every 8 hrs also. Lyrica knocks me out....all I did was sleep on any higher dose of it. Being on 600 mgs of it would have made me comatose. And I gained weight...that I really hate. I have found that Neurontin works the best for the burning & numbness I have. It took about 3 to 5 months to build up to that dose. I sometimes take a bit more when the burn is really bad. I also know alot of people can not tolerage Neurontin & prefer Topamax. Has he tried this medication??? I also take MS Contin for the pain. It also helps with the burn but mostly for the pain. I also take Baclofen (a muscle relaxant), & Trental (to help with blood flow). I myself cannot take antidepressants but most people here are on one or another of them for depression, to help them sleep &/or for pain.

Sometimes a series of Nerve Blocks is what helps the most. Some people have better luck with a series. It may or may not stop what you already have going on, BUT it might stop or atleast slow down anything spread. Also it is probably way too soon to think of getting an SCS. Doesn't sound like your doctor has tried enough of anything to actually determine if anything will help you or not. Seems to me he/she hasn't given any med time to actually work. I could be way off base here also. I have assumed this from what you told us. You have only been into this approx 5 to 6 months. He might not have found the right combination of meds that will work for you. He also might want to try a series of nerve blocks.

My PM Doc told me to run like hell if anyone ever mentioned doing an EMG on me. It is one of the worst things you can have done to an RSD limb. I know alot of people here has had EMG's done but I also think most are sorry they did this.

I could be way off base here so I apologize if I have offended anyone with my opinions here.

DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote