Thread: Tight muscles
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspennyloafer View Post
wow, okay i will read into this! the palate expander has helped a lot but im still tight

i gotta weird/dumb question

do you guys know...if i can put my fingers behind my collarbone pretty easily, does that mean it cant be compressing between first rib/collarbone

if you press an area and it hurts/feels tender does that mean that's where the nerve compression is
I do not know the answer to your first question but I know that because ribs and such can move that just because you can put your fingers behind it doesn't necessary mean that it couldn't be pinching. Usually compression is not an all the time thing, and rather in certain positions, compression occurs and it causes damage over time.
As for the second question, if you press on an area and it is tender it does not mean that's where the compression is. There are many different reasons for pain. For example, my pec minors are very tight and hurt to press on BUT the compression was seen between my clavicle and first rib. The compression there causes other muscles to spasm which causes referred pain. Nerve pain is difficult because when you apply compression to any part of a pissy nerve it can radiate under the same principles as double or multiple crush syndrome. Thusly, trigger points.
Anyway, hope that helped at least a little?
LiveLoveandTrust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote