View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Butterfly,

It seems that she is responding to the symptoms you describe. For example, the Lyme disease and the Epstein Barr and B12 could relate to tiredness. I am not up to date on Magnesium.
Short explanation of the blood order:

CBC, WBC -- this is standard
comprehensive metabolic panel -- this is standard as well
cortisol, free --- this will check your cortisol / adrenal glands
vitamin B-12 --- doctors might be checking more than they used to. . . . not sure. . . it might be standard
Epstein-barr virus early antigen antibody --- lots of people have the Epstein-barr marker in their body so it is not a good test but maybe the nurse practitioner is looking to see why you have low energy
ferritin (which I think is iron, b/c I have been anemic in the past) --- Iron as you say
free T4 -- Thyroid
free T3 -- Thyroid
lipid panel -- Cholesterol
Lyme western blot test -- Lyme disease ( you can ask why she is checking for this.)
magnesium level -- Magnesium ( you can ask why she is checking for this.)
Molecular isolation or extraction, each nucleic acid type(i.e. DNA or RNA) MTHFR -- according to this link this has to do with B12
http://labtestsonline.org/understand...mthfr/tab/test
reverse triiodothyronine -- Thyroid
thyroid peroxidase (TPO) antibodies --- Thyroid
TSH -- Thyroid
urinanalysis
vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy --- It is good that she is checking Vitamin D.

M
Thank you so much Mari!

I am such a knucklehead. I typed it out myself, it says right there Vitamin B-12, but I still overlooked it. sheesh. Anyway, she asked if we go camping which we do. That is the only reason I can think of that she is checking for Lyme disease. She asked if I had every gotten bitten while camping. ha! Are you kidding me? Mosquitos mostly though I think.

I don't know why she's checking magnesium levels. I didn't see the orders until the receptionist printed them out when I checked out. The nurse practitioner had typed them into a computer while we were talking. I kind of wish she would have showed them to me before I walked out so that I could ask line by line, what's this, what's that. But you've done that for me. Thank you Mari!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-06-2013), Brokenfriend (01-06-2013), Dmom3005 (01-07-2013), Mari (01-05-2013)