View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 11:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Are the people with cognitive and overstimulation issues screwed for life?

It ticks me off cuz there is really no cure or treatment for this stuff. Those of you with only physical symptoms like headaches and dizziness are lucky. You can pop a pill that will give you at least some relief. People like me, with huge cognitice deficits, have to alter our lifestyle and live like hermits. I'm 28 and my life is pretty much over. No clubs, no music, no TV, no movies, no video games and no social life. What kind of 28 year old lives a life like that? Lol.

I do, apparently. I don't know what I'd do if my girlfriend of 3 years left me. How the heck do you find a chick when you can't do anything fun? I'm glad my girl doesn't mind sitting in the house with me and being a hermit.

What can I do to improve my cognition? I've tried lots of different things over the last 19-20 months and nothing seems to work. How do I train myself to be able to watch TV again? That one really frustrates me. It's embarrassing when I go to a friends house and he/she asks if I want to watch a movie/show with them. Or, if they even say hey watch this part it's funny. Even just a brief couple seconds will mess up my cognition. I miss watching football .

Maybe I'll just move out in the middle of nowhere by myself and live like a hermit. Watch all the TV I want and play countless hours of video games until I become retarded. At least I won't have to deal with anyone!!!

Life has definitely sucked for over a year and a half now and isn't getting better at all. I feel like I've been living under a rock cuz it's been so long since I've been able to watch the news, or new movies or video games...so people will ask me "Hey, you heard about what happened in Wichita?" or "Hey you seen that new movie?" and I'm like noooo cuz I live under a rock. I try to read the news online but can't retain anything.

K...end of my rant. Just reread and it's kinda funny but sad.
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.

Last edited by SpaceCadet; 01-05-2013 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Cuz i messed up. Stupid brain.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote