View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I completely understand what you are going through and your fear of the future. I love music, dancing, playing squash, skiing, skating, going to parties, eating out, etc. 16 months post injury I almost always sit in the car when travelling with my family while they go into a restaurant. The noise of a Starbucks is still too much. No watching sports (nhl lockout just ended...my family is happy but it doesn't affect me because I can't watch it!). No movies. Music festivals. Work (university prof...i LOVE teaching but havenot been able to do so for 1.5 years)... And the list goes on.

but! It is SLOWLY getting better. Wee bit by wee bit. And i think it does for most people. Very slowly with lots of setbacks.

If you haven't seen a neuro- opthamologist yet, i would do that ASAP. Many brain injuries affect vision....not just your eye vision but how the brain tells your eyes to work.

What i am also learning is to take breaks. I never took downtime or a nap or a break from life in the past. So this is hard. But go with the signs.

Great news about a new baby. It is so hard to have kids with this condition, BUT when I cuddle my kids all else disappears for a brief moment.
Good luck!!!!!!
Mokey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (01-06-2013)