View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark - do you take your supplements at a certain time of day? I take mine with breakfast and have always wondered if that is ideal for the PCS brain or if it should be spread out over the course of the day. I take a Multivitamin, Vit C, D3, and probiotics.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
I have been taking about 300-400 mcgs of B-12 on a full stomach for years and have good blood concentrations. My suggestion is take enough to get the blood concentration to about 1000 pcgs/mL.

I mention the spirulina because many vegans/vegetarians claim to get all they need from their normal vegan diet. Studies show some serious deficiencies in the vegetarian diet.

PCS "survivor" - first concussion 10/2010 with PCS for nearly a year. Hit back of head on a shelf. Symptoms were head and neck pain, vertigo, nausea, lethargy, anxiety & depression. Experienced greatest amount of recovery between 9-12 months, with the following year being much, much better

2nd concussion 12/2012 - hit front left forehead on wooden edge of couch. Currently dealing with a return of PCS symptoms including headache, nausea, vertigo, brain fog, and lethargy.

~ just trying to take it one day at a time
~
musiclover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote