View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 08:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Emily/Finz

Finz' last three posts are really good and express well some things I was trying to get across in my posts on the CRPS forum replies but not sure I always did it very well.

The choices you have to make about whether to do activities like housework (and then suck up the increased pain) versus leaving these things not done are really hard. It takes time to be able to do that but you have to get to that point to be able to cope. I know that activity will always make my pain worse so every single day is a 'choice-fest' of decisions. I don't exaggerate when I say that it is like a full time job managing my CRPS.

I think Finz also highlighted very well the fact that it generally takes years of medication adjustment/changes, together with lots of trial and error for all sorts of other tricks for managing the pain. That process gets you to a point where you really have an understanding of how your symptoms work and how best to manage them. It can't be hurried because it takes time to learn and accept. It comes to most people though.

I just wanted to caution that whilst you are shopping around for a new medical team you might want to be careful about the use of pot. Even if it is legal in your state now, don't do anything that could risk you being classed as drug seeking or having a tendancy towards substance misuse. Finz has already eloquently pointed out the injustices of your US system for a genuine chronic pain patient. I'm sure you are very alert to the issues and are very sensible!
Neurochic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
finz (01-07-2013), ginnie (01-07-2013)