View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 08:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLoveandTrust View Post
I've never been there, but it is likely (because you're not sick or immune compromised- that I know of) that you will get a semi-private room. Especially during flu season, they save the private rooms for people who need to be isolated or for those who have problems that mean they need to be kept away from germs.

I was terrified to have to share a room, but I can honestly say having a roommate was actually kind of nice. She had the same surgery I did by the same doctor on the same day and it was cool to see how we progressed comparatively. She had her boyfriend there the entire time and asked me if it was okay if he spent the night in the room. I could have cared less if he stayed (he was nice and very respectful of my privacy and even helped me out a couple times with little things that would have been silly to call a nurse about) and some nights the nurses tried to kick him out, other nights they left well enough alone. They did ask if I minded, which I honestly didn't.

Usually though, even if they don't allow your husband to stay with you, he can stay in the family waiting area so if you can't afford a hotel or he wants to stay in the hospital, there are probably options for him.
I just have a lot of anxiety about being in a hospital, and have never stayed without my husband. Of course the only time I have stayed overnight before was when having children, so we had kinda a whole suite to our selves. I talked to the lady at the hospital today and she said that their are private rooms but that most are shared, but I don't think my insurance would cover a private room. It specifically states on the policy shared room. So I guess I will be making some more phone calls tomorrow to figure everything out.

How are you doing today? Sounded like you are home, so I hope being in the comforts of your own home has made things betters. Of course, if your children are around it also makes things difficult. I have 3 young children, so that is the part I am most anxious about. Anyway, hope your doing well, and praying that we will both have speedy recoveries.
TellerMomof3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote