View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellerMomof3 View Post
I just have a lot of anxiety about being in a hospital, and have never stayed without my husband. Of course the only time I have stayed overnight before was when having children, so we had kinda a whole suite to our selves. I talked to the lady at the hospital today and she said that their are private rooms but that most are shared, but I don't think my insurance would cover a private room. It specifically states on the policy shared room. So I guess I will be making some more phone calls tomorrow to figure everything out.

How are you doing today? Sounded like you are home, so I hope being in the comforts of your own home has made things betters. Of course, if your children are around it also makes things difficult. I have 3 young children, so that is the part I am most anxious about. Anyway, hope your doing well, and praying that we will both have speedy recoveries.
Yes, I came home yesterday. Everyone agreed it would be best for me to be out of the hospital. They noticed I wasn't sleeping, pooping, eating much, and my vitals skyrocketed when providers came in the room because I couldn't trust them anymore. I was released and I feel soooo much better.

I have a lot of hospital anxiety too. You can tell them that and they may put you in a private room- but they didn't do it for me regardless of the fact that I could have used some privacy to pump too. They can prescribe you anti-anxiety medications if that will help you while you're there.

As for being away from your children, have them visit you if you can, and if you can't, can you bring a laptop and talk to them via Skype? It's easy to install and use and then you can actually see them. I did a lot of Skyping while I was in the hospital. Even just hearing their voices on the phone is a big help.

Prepare as much as you can for the big day for your children. I made a lot of frozen meals for my baby girl so I knew she would have healthy food and cleaned her room up. I also hung up outfits for her so it would be easy for family to dress her properly. I also wrote out 7 pages of instructions about her schedule and what rules to follow. I was kind of insane, but I knew that even if I was really out of it that they would have all their questions answered by referring to my e-mail :-P
LiveLoveandTrust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote