View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I, too, think it's too early to think you're damaged for life, though I am early on in the recovery process. A few weeks ago I started a thread on a rugby forum about concussions, and got quite a bit of hope. I met about 15-20 other players who quit from concussions, but almost everyone (except for one guy who kept playing without rest) had a full recovery after 6 months to a year. All exercising again and back to normal life. I'm sure there are other players who've suffered permanent damage, but it was nice to hear a positive story for a change.

As far as lifestyles change go, for now I'm just hoping that if I have to make any permanent changes in my life to cope with PCS, it will be eating healthier and managing my stress levels.

One concussion in 2012 from rugby. Loss consciousness and took around 5 months to recover completely.

Hit my head hard on a shelf on 12/7/14. Recovered by the end of February.

A branch fell on my hardhat at work on 10/7. Not sure if completely concussed but have been feeling "out of it". Definitely injured my upper cervical region and upper back. Out of work for the time being.

SillyRugger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mokey (01-06-2013), peacheysncream (01-09-2013)