View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 11:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Doctor's advice sadly is to get back on it. At this point I must share that I don't really need the gabapentin for nerve pain or fibromylgia kind of symptoms anymore.
i just dropped the dose to 300 mg yesterday. I will have to go cold turkey only because i have become addicted to it and that really bothers me, specially when I don't need it. Brave the itching and get help with the moods and sleep I guess. The itching has to go one day.

I go into severe depression, sleeplessness, severe itching and nausea kind of symptoms. I didn't have any of these prior to starting gabapentin, I am a very positive and determined person usually.

Went to the health food store and got L-Tryptophan and vitamin B6. It helped with my mood for sure but not my sleeplessness. maybe i will increase the dose to 1gm at bedtime instead of 500mg and see if that works. I am also looking into natural sources of L-Tryphtophan like almonds, dry dates, whole wheat, oats, halibut, turkey, etc and up my intake. Lets see where that takes me..

Thanks to all of you to take the time to reply, it means a lot to me...as always you all are truly a blessing for me. I am getting better only because of all of you on the forum who have guided me and helped me more than the doctors and surgeons ever could have.
stos2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote