View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 11:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I live in VA and am making an apt to see Dr. Donahue because I've heard such wonderful things. It seems he does repeat the PT, Botox course for those with NTOS. I was wondering, since you said the Botox worked - was that not an option to continue with the PT to see if things got better? Also, how many injections were there and into what muscles? Thanks for sharing your story I wish you continued progress in your recovery!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fclegg View Post
Hello! I went to Mass General to see the same vascular doctor that saw my sister 3yrs ago. She had VTOS. We both saw Dr Stephan Wickey. Dr Wickey ordered Doppler ultrasound which showed blood vessel compression, enough that Wickey said I should see Dr Donahue. My chief complaints were and are neurological. Saw Donahue same day! When blood vessels show compression, then nerve compression is a reasonable assumption, per dr D. So he suspected NTOS, but I had to glo thru phys therapy and when that failed, Botox shots and when they helped, then he concluded that NTOS was a reasonable diagnosis. He is very conservative and is choosy about whom he operates on so that success is achieved for all involved. Recovery is slow, I had LOTS of nerve scarring, he said. I will take at least a yr to recover.
Woodstock3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote