View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 04:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspennyloafer View Post
I hope you can walk a dog
I've never had a pec minor tenectomy, so I don't know how capable you'll be to walk a dog afterwards (nor what kind of dog/energy level your dog has) however, I do have some advice for you on that front to make it more possible...

I had a 140 lb. aggressive mastiff. Eventually, she needed to be put down because all medications/behavior modification/training failed, but there was one tool I had that made me capable of handling her outside of our home (she was aggressive to any and all strangers) and this was after I had bilateral inferior capsular shifts on my shoulders. Because of this tool, I was able to work with her a little longer and she never bit a person though she tried like hell.

A Halti head collar. It takes all the power out of the dog's body to pull away from you and is very humane and safe. This is coming from someone who has worked as a vet tech. It works far better than any choke chain/pinch collar/anti-pull harness/head collars of other brands. It's affordable and pretty easy to find too. It may help you now with the pain you're having.

Make sure you bring your dog to the store to fit it correctly though. If it's too loose, your dog will be able to scrape it off their nose so ask for help getting the right size. Most pet shops allow animals in the store and the associates should be happy to pull a couple out of the box to help you size it.

http://www.companyofanimals.us/produ...lti-headcollar

I highly recommend it.
LiveLoveandTrust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mspennyloafer (01-08-2013)