View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Rose Anna,

I'll answer your questions in BOLD.

1. I could try to continue the root canal and get a porcelain crown, but is it worth it considering the cracks in the roots of the tooth?
<<NO, IT'S NOT WORTH IT. ASIDE FROM THE LONG TERM PROBLEMS THAT YOU HAVE HAD WITH THIS TOOTH.... ROOT CANALED TEETH ARE NEVER HEALTHY BECAUSE THE PROCEDURE CUTS OFF THE BLOOD SUPPLY RENDERING THE TOOTH NECROTIC. NECROSIS ANYPLACE IN THE BODY CAUSES INFECTION AND INFLAMMATION.

2. I could pull it out and live with it.. might be the cheapest option but I do use that tooth, I will miss it and I do not want to live without my teeth.
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR OVERALL HEALTH, THEN REMOVING IT WOULD BE THE WISEST OPTION.... AND THE LEAST EXPENSIVE CONSIDERING YOU WILL BE REVISITING THIS TOOTH AT SOME POINT. YES, YOU WILL MISS IT AND DEPENDING ON YOUR BITE, THE UPPER TOOTH MAY PARTIALLY DRIFT DOWN INTO THE SPACE.

3. I could pull the tooth and get an implant. BUT, if I do, could that anchor point be used later down the track to attach more teeth if I have to take out others? If I get new crowns made up as a row of teeth, could they all be attached to that one implant if I take out the original one and replace with a row (Hope you get what I mean *lol* )
AN IMPLANT IS GENERALLY NOT A GOOD ANCHOR TOOTH FOR A BRIDGE UNLESS THERE IS ANOTHER IMPLANT AS THE OTHER ANCHOR TOOTH.

4. If I pull out the tooth, will that change the other teeth in my mouth? Will the top one above it loosen since it does not have its counterpart underneath while biting?
THE UPPER TOOTH MAY DRIFT DOWN OR IT MAY NOT IF IT IS OCCLUDING (BITING) AGAINST THE FIRST MOLAR ON THE BOTTOM.

Anything else I missed in all this? I have no clue and sometimes it feels as if I always get suggested expensive treatments instead of the ones that might be the best ones for me.
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR HEALTH, THEN IT IS NEVER WISE TO RETAIN AN UNHEALTHY TOOTH. ALL ROOT CANALED TEETH ARE CHRONICALLY INFECTED AND INFLAMED DUE TO THE LACK OF BLOOD WHICH IS NECESSARY FOR ANY TOOTH TO BE HEALTHY. YOU ALSO NEED TO KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU WILL BE REVISITING THIS TOOTH AT SOME POINT AND THE BONE COULD BE TOO DETERIORATED TO PLACE AN IMPLANT.

I just dont want to live without my teeth, I dont want dentures and no bridges, at least not yet and not if I can help it. What would be the best option?
FOR YOUR OVERALL HEALTH, REMOVING AN UNHEALTHY TOOTH IS THE WISEST OPTION. NO ONE WANTS DENTURES, BUT YOU NEED TO WEIGH THE RISKS OF KEEPING A BAD TOOTH.

If I pull the tooth now, could I come back in 2 years and say I want an implant?
PERHAPS. BUT THE BEST TIME TO PLACE THE IMPLANT, PROVIDING THE BONE IS HEALTHY, IS USUALLY WITHIN ONE YEAR OF THE EXTRACTION.

Hope this info helps..
Bryanna
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote