View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Too late getting flu shot

Get one every years but waited too long this year. The first thing that happened was my neuro added the Neupro patch as I've been having a lot of really fast coming on off periods. Two days of the patch and I felt like crap. So I stopped the patch assuming that was what was making me sick. This was of course right after Christmas when you can't scare up anyone... closed for the holidays!!!!
Then my best friend in the whole world died of MS... really felt horrible then. By that time I was sick enough to be in the hospital but fearful of the whole scene. So I toughed it out still it didn't dawn on me that this wasn't a PD thing. Finally it occurred to me that I had the flu... nothing you can do about it.
Suggestions... the life saver for me is my favorite Christmas present for this year.... a LaZboy lift chair. The best. It has vibration to ease my aching joints, heat to soothe my back and best of all, it elevates my head just enough so that I'm not laying flat. I have horrible congestion and laying flat makes it tough to breathe. I also tend to freeze when laying in bed. Raising my head in this chair kept everything draining. I really believe one off these types of chairs really makes a difference. I've spent several nights sleeping in it.
These tend to be pricy when new but there are a lot of gently used ones out there.
madamlash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
olsen (01-08-2013)