View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
The only thing doctors should be focused on while evaluating patients is the truth.
Annie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild_cat View Post
I think this is also a complex question, because it is a lot to do with how we perceive our symptoms.
Thank you for all this inspiration! It is also interesting that looking for these truths can change and become fragmented
depending not only on personality but also which type of doctor you visit.

Take my pick......!

When at the physiotherapists my answer was said to lie with a neurologist
When at the neurologists I was told to find my way to a gym!
When visiting the doctor the diagnosis was supposedly to be found at the psychologists
When at the homeopaths, my answer must surely lie with the mineral supplements offered compatible with my symptoms
When at the alternative doctors the only path for me appeared to be the one using energy healing
When I, as a īdiagnostically confusing patientī
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice md View Post
Provide(..) a release of negative emotions or even punitive actions under the guise of a respectful medical label… Kutz, I., Garb, R., and Kuritzky, A., Diagnosis of misdiagnosis: on some of the origins and functions of psychophysical misdiagnosis, Gen Hosp Psychiatry 5 (3), 197, (1983)
.....then my search for truth might very well lead me to a forum like this!

But when I traveled to a different country where new truths providing better alignment could be accessed via different medicinal cultural perspectives an MG researcher & neurologist told me the answer was atypical seronegative myasthenia going into remission....I had come full circle back to my own original suspicion all those years ago.....

In the end it really is we who know, - or at least I should say we know when something isnīt quite right
about anotherīs perception of how we are experiencing our own symptoms and what they might mean.

wild_cat,..…thank you for your reply, you inspire me to remain truly inspired - no matter what

Anacrusis

PS
BackwardPawn, I donīt think anyone means folk shouldnīt get psychological help when they need it, not at all. I think that itīs just the diagnostic phase like you, that we are a little frustrated with.
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (01-08-2013), wild_cat (01-08-2013)