View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorhead View Post
I could literally write a book on this subject, as could anyone who has had to deal with medicine on a chronic basis....they say that Obamacare will make it worse but to them I say how much worse can it get? LOL NOT A POLITICAL STATEMENT, just an observation of things and how they are.

All of that said, it is law that they have an MRI less than 6 months old, most will not do surgery if it is more than 90 days old. This actually works in your best interest as things can change dramatically in there.

Again Best of Luck and hang in there! No sure if you tried it yet or not but try Piriformis stretches and see if that gets you some relief. It sucks at first but it helps in most cases.
I agree that I don't see things changing much for the oldtimers with longstanding chronic illness and hopefully already on disability. We have watched the level and quality of our care decline for the last decade. This is nothing new and can not be hung on any one administration.

In the last year, Medicare has refused to precert a Celiac pannel because it is too expensive. 600.00 lousy dollars. I was denied out patient physical therapy because I do not improve fast enough and I was told I am no longer a "good investment". Two weeks ago, I had a scs implant. I understand that this runs around $75,000 if there are no complications. Mind you, I am grateful for the device as it has totally eliminated my neuropathy so far. On the other hand, I did not have to get to this point where I needed it if I got the therapies that would have been much less expensive. The scs is the surgery du jour because it helps reduce the amount of sched. IIs we are on. It is politically correct but a badly needed Celliac pannel isn't.

I think what will happen is the average "real" person with a "real" life will soon begin to understand what we have been complaining about . They will be dealing with the issues we have been complaining about for a long time.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote