View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default the flu strikes again

A few people in my household seem to have the flu (fever, body aches, sore throat). I am not sick, but for a few days my immune system was evidently waging war on the flu virus. I should have realized that's what was going on, because a few days ago I collapsed to the floor unexpectedly, while standing (not even walking). The last time that happened to me was three years ago, and it was the same situation: my kids had H1N1, and I was fighting it off.

Anyway, that collapse three years ago was the very first noticeable myasthenia symptom I had. (Looking back, I remember that for about six months before that collapse, I was sleeping a lot more than usual, so it may be that I got MG earlier, but the flu virus caused a flare-up. Sometimes I suspect I've had MG for many, many years, but that it was mild until three years ago.)

I don't know if my experience is typical, but if you have a sudden flare-up that you can't explain, consider the possibility that it's a response to fighting the flu virus.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (01-10-2013)