View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 03:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg neck prob View Post
Hi Tenderfoot.....the only this that alarms me a bit is therapy we have alot of fusions in my family and never once did they want to start therapy so soon ---in fact my DR wanted very little movement for the first 8weeks....same for my brother and cousin.
I know we may due things diffrent in the states --but I will be honst this conerns me a bit.
Not sure if this is truly best way to go for you! Maybe ? the DR say you been on a forum and read most ppl dont do therapy so soon anter acdf. Not trying to stir the pot with you DR just bit concerned.
I was given a booklet with speciic exercises following ACDF to be started from day 1 in hospital & to try to do 10 repetitions 1 to 2 times daily.
The exercises are done sitting or against the wall & consist of bending the head forward until you feel a stretch at the back of your neck holding for approx 10 secs.
Then bend backwards as far as is comfortable.
Then turn your head to one side until you feel a stretch, then the other.
Then chin pulls, shoulder rolls & finally raise both hands letting thumbs lead the way.

I've not yet accomplished all of the exercises, I only do a few at a time several times daily.

Today I've started feeling a tingling sensation under my chin & around my wound. The wound itself is occasionally stinging very slightly. I guess this is all part of the healing process? Or is it because I made a couple of simple meals & climbed the stairs a few times today?
Thanks.
Tender x
Tenderfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-08-2013)