Thread: edgelow kit
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stos2 View Post
Happy 2013! Jkl626, when you reach a plateau, no matter how comfortable it is, is when you need to search for another road.
My local therapist, the first one I went to for myofascial release had said that the "Road to good health is not straight." That's what made me think of coming to Anaheim. Incorporate whatever helps you on the way and add whatever else you may need. What does Art say, is he recommending surgery? In my case the Stanford surgeon had sent me to Peter for couple weeks to see if he could help me. Peter is the one who had suggested a scalenectomy since I just couldn't do his breathing exercises without going into excruciating pain. Peter had worked with a lot of surgeons who removed ribs but didn't feel it was necessary if one could practice his protocol as it helps lower the first rib over time with his home exercise program.I am so glad I listened to him. Has Art been indicating anything or that you take any direction? jkl, I would suggest if you can come and learn it from Steve at Hayward, that would be your best option, and then follow the program at home. I beleive you have some family in the Bay Area.
Thank You Stos that is good advice and in the New Year I am planning to do that. Art does not recommend surgery. He thinks I am better, I think he wants to release me soon, i have been going for 8 months! He wants to release people when they are 80%, -and I am better maybe 60-70 % but just not enough for me-I have been having alot of pec minor and underarm pain and numbness and of course it changes every day so on days when the pain is bad it doesnt feel any better. I havent seen him for 3 weeks ( I saw James right after xmas) but I see him tomorrow and also get a massage.

i had Trigger pt injections yesterday and feel much better today-I have to note this time how long it lasts. My purpose in finding out about the nerve block is that Dr Jordan had recommended it to me at one time, and I havent seen him in a long time so I need to go back to him and tell him my progress and see what he recommends.. If it does what the Trigger points do but last longer then I might do it. He does radio frequency so that the block lasts longer-he says up to 6 months. The fact that the Trps help tho make me think it is more of a muscle issue than nerve so I am not sure.Dr J reccomends surgery if I want to go back to my regular work and I do. I will lose my health insurance if I dont. but I am not considering the surgery at this point.

Maybe I will plan a trip up there to see Steve.Do you think I can go ahead and order the kit anyway? I was going to try it on my own first. I have done some on my own already. Do the breathing exercises really lower the rib? Do you actually do it several times a day?

I am also looking for a pt and masseuse and maybe a new acupuncturist closer to home, Art has a colleague he studied with who is on the CMFT list and now that my insurance has kicked in again I will be trying some new therapies. I will keep you posted.
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote