View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCadet View Post
, I'll wake up feeling normal, have breakfast and start to get ready for the day and then slowly but surely my symptoms will start to become noticeable.
That's how I feel most days. It usually becomes especially unbearable after lunch, but often eases up around 7 or 8 pm. Not tonight, though!

I'm feeling the same way about my responsibilities. I often feel bad for my son. When he was a baby (he is six now), before I started feeling terrible every day, I was such a good mother. Although I still make sure to play with him every night, my heart usually isn't in it anymore because I can't focus. Some days I have to just lay down when I get home because I just can't function anymore.

But, I always get through it! It's not always easy and not always fun, and I definitely feel guilty at times knowing that I am not the parent I used to be. On the other hand, I know that I love him to pieces, and he still has a great life. Even if it's difficult, I still spend time with him. It might just be some board games, puzzles, or something else where I can rest and interact simultaneously, but I do what I can.

I think the fact that you are so concerned says a lot. I have unfortunately known quite a few parents who wouldn't even care (and they have nothing wrong with them!) because it's all about them. You did not ask for this to happen to you. As long as you are well enough to keep your son safe, I think that he will be fine with what you are able to give him.
hb1125 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (01-08-2013)