Thread: pain in pecs?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 09:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hope you are doing better, but do agree with the others that you should get checked out -- chest pain isn't something to fool around with. Another possibility could be stenosis in the T3-6 level. I had on-going chest pain for several months, some started in the back and moved to the front, others started in the front, some felt like heavy squeezing and at other times is was a dull ache. Sometimes it only lasted a few hours and others several days. An MRI of the thoracic spine had found severe stenosis at the T3-4 and T9-10 and moderate stenosis at the T5-6-7. But because the pain also radiated up the neck and jaw at times and continued to get worse, they did a full heart work-up to rule out heart issues and there were none. Epidural and facet injections at the T3-6 levels provided temporary relief, so in Sept I had lamenectomies of the T3-4 and 9-10 with fusion and instrumentation. The chest pain was gone after the surgery, but has recently begun to return some as the numbness from the surgery has finally started wearing off. So it's pretty evident the chest pain is mostly from the spine. I just hope as the healing continues the pain subsides and doesn't return full force.

In the meantime, do see someone. Although it's highly possible it's not heart related, you really don't want to take the chance! Let us know. And best wishes...
lal209 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
katmae (01-09-2013), mg neck prob (01-09-2013)