View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Please help! post op problems

Hey guys I'm new to the paget first time post, however I have been reading a lot of the posts on here. Recently I had a laminectomy & discectomy at L4-L5 on Dec. 20. I injured my back back on July 1 2012 at work. So needless to say that is a story in it's self... I was having severe right leg pain, numbness, tingling, weaknesses you name it I had it. After surgery I felt great no pain felt 1000x better, however on day 16 of post op I simply got up off the couch and immediately started experiencing pain that gradually got worse. However pain this time was bilateral in both legs, hips and buttocks. By middle of the night my legs felt so heavy I could barely pick my legs up. Finally I was admitted for pain management and a new mri. The mri showed a slight bulge at L4-L5 again but worse was all the new swelling around the nerve. My Neuro talked with me an said he was concerned with the swelling mainly on the nerve where it passes through the foramen. Immediately started on oral steroids, tordol, and pain management. My Neuro says he doesn't want to elaborate on what could become of this if the swelling doesn't subside soon, I go for follow up in 7 days. I'm on day 3 now of steroids etc, still not much relief from pain unless I'm laying back in a slight reclined position. Does anyone have any insight into this. What worries me is that I am only 27 and still dealing with some numbness in the right foot an calf from nerve being pinched prior to surgery. I apologize for such a long post however trying to explain as well as I can. Also I had tried ESI's and PT prior to surgery. What has me concerned is obviously the heaviness in the kegs but the fact now I have pain bilaterally in both legs. Any insight and suggestions on helping this get better would be appreciated!!
fireman9915 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote