View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:15 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Lin, I think how much exercise you can tolerate doing completely depends on how your MG is doing and what treatments you're on/how they're working. It might help you to see a physical therapist within a neurology group for them to give you tips on how to exercise with MG!

Katherine, Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you are bedridden and not diagnosed yet. You probably should not overdo any activity right now, if you have MG. If you can move well, are very short of breath or can't swallow, you need to dial 911. Please. Will you have any answers soon? How can we help?

Kathie, I love swimming but can't even do that anymore. It's too hard to "fight" against the weight of the water.

A little goes a long way with exercise. I'm hesitant to give any tips because you really should have a discussion with your neuro and/or a PT about it. It does help to have a fan on you to keep you cooler while doing anything, even vacuuming! Exercising when you're stronger, like in the morning, is better but that might make you unable to make dinner.

Sitting while using those stretch bands is useful. I like that resistant training better than weights. Alternating muscle groups is useful. Try not to do too many repetitions, since repetitive activity makes MG worse.

Celeste, My idea of a "stroll" is to walk down the porch steps to feed the birds. Pathetic.

Annie

My arms are bad or I'd put more ideas out there. Don't sweat the weight, Lin. I know it sucks! Certain foods can really help too. And lots of water. Green tea. Oh, heck, I'll try more later.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (01-09-2013)