View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anacrusis View Post
Thank you for all this inspiration! It is also interesting that looking for these truths can change and become fragmented
depending not only on personality but also which type of doctor you visit.

But when I traveled to a different country where new truths providing better alignment could be accessed via different medicinal cultural perspectives an MG researcher & neurologist told me the answer was atypical seronegative myasthenia going into remission....I had come full circle back to my own original suspicion all those years ago.....
I wonder what kind of personality combination (patient and physician) creates a situation more conducive to a psychosomatic diagnosis?

I have often questioned whether there is something in the way I come across that leads physicians to think this, rather than something else. I'd be really interested to know, if that is the case, what it is.

I agree with you that there may be a certain cultural bias towards dishing out a psychosomatic diagnosis. Certainly when I was in Iceland no doctor for a second suggested my symptoms were psychosomatic. It's just unfortunate it would have cost me the price of a house to receive assessment and treatment there.
wild_cat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (01-10-2013)