View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 06:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think no matter how I toss it- shaving is going to be pure tortue for me. I have signifigant allodynia. I am thinking about the depilatories, but I am not sure if they will be harsh on me sensitivity wise.

As far as the sensitive skin- Liz, yes-- I have tried using conditioner (it is the best out of soap, shaving cream and shampoo).

Yep- I do tend to put it off as long as possible. I make myself do it for pool therapy, because I know someone will see my legs ()- though all the pain I go through to shave is not worth it and I start not caring what anyone things of my legs! I am admitting it- for a long time I would *never* wear any socks with designs out of the house because I thought people would think they were funny, and I could not stand any of my outfits mismatching- my socks had to match my outfit... and now I absolutely *love* those crazy silly socks and I don't care what anyone thinks of me for wearing them- seriously! I get funny looks just because I can't walk/ move right anyways so the socks are the last thing someone is going to look at me funny for!

No matter what deoderant I use it is going to hurt- it will burn no matter what kind I use, I am just looking for something (that although it will hurt to put it on) that will keep me smelling good though I sweat a lot (from the RSD- I never did sweat bad before). Smelling good is a must! Thanks for the ideas on the deoderants!

Frogga, I am lost! What is "sugaring" your legs? Yeah- that under arm hair hurts like mad and shaving it hurts but at least it is done for a while and doesn't continue to drive you mad.

Thank you all for the tips... Frogga, I think I might send you a picture of me in a month and I will have turned into a yeti! In all seriousness that might be what I choose to do. Yeah, shaving is good desense but it HURTS and I don't like that everytime I shave I get cuts all over my legs (if you want to have a flare up of pain that is what to do!)... ARGH!!
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote