Thread: Stiff Neck
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Major symptom of mine

Maybe the nature of my injury but this is TOTALLY me. My neck hurts a whole lot.

I'm having physiotherapy massage and acupuncture twice a week but to be honest I feel like that's causing a decline in my recovery, or maybe it's just bad timing coinciding with other things causing setbacks like the overstimulation of the holidays.

The one thing that helps me the most was suggested by Mark, a member here, and that was icing the upper neck regularly. I do it many times a day right now (while off work) for 15 mins at a time, I just lay down with a frozen gel pack on the back of my head sorta behind my ears.
About it: October 26, 2012 I fell backward on an icy parking lot at work. I was on Workers Comp for 9 months. My PCS : everyday headaches became once in a while headaches, and neck pain became manageable. Still have occasional mild dizziness, sometimes fullness in the ears, convergence insufficiency, sequencing struggles, short term memory struggles, verbal processing delays. CT neg, MRI neg. Therapies: prism glasses, acupuncture, icing neck, resting, supplementing, Elavil 20mg at bedtime.

NEW: Completed 12 weeks of physical therapy and returned to work full time.

About me: I'm a marketing manager, a mom with a blended family and wife to a heart attack survivor. I believe my brain injury taught me more than it cost me. I'm grateful to still be me!
MsRriO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote